Fox & Fig Blog banner

 photo home_zps7llzeqla.png  photo about_zpssqu5zhdi.png  photo shop_zpssdf6rbct.png  photo blog_zpshqn4ie74.png  photo nest_zps1mvuyxfg.png  photo diy_zpsrnng9i8r.png



How many of you dread the weekly task of trying to keep your house and your life organized? I'm pretty sure a lot of hands are in the air right now! I have been pulling my hair out for awhile now trying to figure out a way to simplify things and help my brain feel less cluttered. There are tons of plans and charts on Pinterest and after searching through many, I found one that works best for us. I also wiped the dust off my sassy little Kate Spade Planner and decided to take charge! I now use my planner to track my day and write down all the things I need to do instead of trying to hold it all in my head. It's amazing the sense of calm that alone brings! I am tracking my water and food intake, which was something else that I needed to see in writing! I am also using it for my daily task/to do list. Since I have started using this planner, I have noticed other great changes happening. There is something about organizing one area of your life that spills over into others. Jason and I have now started walking every morning. It has been a wonderful kick in the butt and I am already feeling the benefits with my health and energy level!



The other piece of the puzzle for us was to figure out a way to keep up with all the things we needed to do around the house. That's where this lovely chore chart came into place. I found this one that worked for our life on Pinterest. You can find the free printable chart on a great blog here. There are tons of them out there you can customize to fit your own needs. I feel like I can never stay on top of keeping my house clean. Housework is my least favorite thing to do, and I can never seem to stay on top of it. When you live in a house that is always in a state of remodel, there tends to be lots of dust. I am always scrambling last minute when company is coming to try to clean everything in one day. I wanted a house that was company ready at any time. I also wanted to alleviate the feeling that I could never really relax in any part of my house because I was always staring at the furniture that needed to be dusted, or thinking about laundry that needed to be washed. So, instead of spending my evening enjoying a book or watching TV, I would begrudgingly grab the swiffer. Now we tackle one area at a time together, and in no time we are done. We are still tweaking this plan. Sometimes it takes a little more than 30 minutes in an area, but we also don't have to necessarily do some of the heavy cleaning every week because it is being consistently cleaned. It's such a great feeling to have everything compartmentalized into days, and to have a plan that keeps your weekend free for the fun things in life! 


Tell me about your plan. How do you stay organized?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips