Fox & Fig Blog banner

 photo home_zps7llzeqla.png  photo about_zpssqu5zhdi.png  photo shop_zpssdf6rbct.png  photo blog_zpshqn4ie74.png  photo nest_zps1mvuyxfg.png  photo diy_zpsrnng9i8r.png

Last Minute Thanksgiving Decor Tour

Ok, so I know I should be showing you my Christmas home decor tour right now, but let's be honest, I barely got this done before my guests arrived! It’s been almost impossible this past year to keep up with decorating my home for the holidays with so much time being spent at the store. Is it just me, or did this year go by so quickly? Even though my home decor has been lacking, I have thoroughly enjoyed decorating my sweet customers' homes and the shop with new finds! I was only able to do a little decor the night before Thanksgiving, and sadly I did not decorate to the scale I would have liked. And, I did not have time to decorate my mantle as I normally would have. I chose to concentrate instead on the entry way, dining table, and buffet areas. The dining table was my favorite! I layered silks, cotton, berries, pinecones and fresh flowers down the center of the table with tons of votives. Candlelight makes every gathering a little more special...when I can remember to light them! The icing on the cake was the vintage amber glass turkey my mother gave me years ago when I hosted my first Thanksgiving at our home in Tyler, and my collection of vintage Thanksgiving postcards. Everyone enjoyed the reading the postcards and marveled at the dates they were sent! We were blessed to host both families at our home and I really wanted things to be special. I wish I could enjoy the colors and scents of fall a little longer, but it's on to Christmas we go in a flash lol! I thought I would share a few photos before I transition to Christmas decor. Hopefully, I will be decorating sooner than the night before!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips